Tabletop games are any games that most times do not require electrical application – they can be board games, card games, miniature games, role play games or dice games.
Over the years, I have had the opportunity to teach games and play them too with people. Here are some of the things we have agreed on why it is okay to play games.
- Fun: Games are fun inducement materials – unless on purpose, a game primary objective is to be fun!
- Family and friends time: Honestly, in this age? Homes need games. Period! Just period! Try a game on the table ad see a magic happen.
- Mental Health: it’s easy to get stressed with so many information going around. Sometimes, it’s the connection, the human feeling that we need. Something games haven’t done before.
- Learning Development: Oh my! Tabletop games are great learning, memory formation and communication tools. No joke! Games can support child learning development and can be used in the office for team bonding, building and skill acquisition.
- Still on Skills: Due to the interaction and mechanics of a game, skills such as, team work, decision making, negotiating, investing, waiting and a lot soft skills are learnt just playing tabletop games.
- Story telling: Tabletop games are amazing tools to tell story.